30 April 2020
Return to Work Planning Tools for Business
SAFCEC, along with the Public Private Growth Initiative (PPGI), has put together a workplace readiness pack to assist businesses to put in place the necessary occupational health and safety provisions to enable a safe return to work.
These workplace readiness tools include:
- Workplace readiness practice note - provides minimum practice guidelines for all employers to resume operations safely and minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission to workers.
- CEO declaration template - confirmation that the employer has completed the required procedures and planning processes to safely resume operations at level 4 lockdown. To be sent to email@example.com
- Risk assessment and management tool - a planning tool to aid a company to assess their COVID-19 related risks (tab 1) and then put in place plans and controls to mitigate those risks (tab 2). Note that this should be done with the workplace occupational health and safety committee, if applicable.
- COVID-19 Screening Procedures Guideline
- COVID-19 Employee Screening Questionnaire Guideline
- COVID-19 Safety Precautions for Screening Personnel
- COVID-19 Positive Response Plan Guideline
- Guideline for the Protection of the Workforce during COVID-19
- Gazette - COVID-19 Occupational Health and Safety Measures in Workplaces
Note, these documents seek to incorporate all the relevant official requirements, but do not replace the law. If a business has already assessed its occupational health and safety risks and put in place a plan, the business need not use these tools. The material is provided for guidance in the absence of the business having a process and plan in place; or as an additional reference to ensure that all important risk factors and control measures are considered. It is important to remind all businesses to keep their occupational health and safety records and risk management approach available in the event that it is required for reporting or compliance purposes.
This document pack is available in the file library entitled "Workplace Readiness Pack" hereunder.