What is SAFCEC?
SAFCEC is registered as an Employers Organisation constituted in terms of the Labour Relations Act, 1995 SS 95-111 on 11 November 1996.
As such it is a "not for gain" federation registered by the Registrar at the Department of Labour. As the national representative of civil engineering contractors, its national office is in Bedfordview, Johannesburg and regional offices include the Northern region which includes Gauteng West.
- To communicate and share information with members.
- To provide services to members, irrespective of size.
- Promoting orderly collective bargaining at sectoral level and advancing effective resolution of labour disputes.
- Regulating the relationship between employers, employees and trade unions
- Enabling the industry to address its skills shortage needs
- Advancing the status and public recognition of the federation, its members, and the civil engineering contracting industry.